Terrible Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for independent writers of horror, scifi, and the strange.

Latest topics
» Code for Campaign
What Lies in the Woods EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:27 am by Bayushi Dave

» Down on the west coast
What Lies in the Woods EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:15 am by forcie

» Console Wars
What Lies in the Woods EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am by unrealistic.entity

» Drowned Merchant's Crossing, Play by Post L5R campaign discussion (players desired)
What Lies in the Woods EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 am by Number 12

» Letters to Kyo
What Lies in the Woods EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:18 pm by Cosbones

» Adventures of Trigger Beake
What Lies in the Woods EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:53 pm by Cosbones

» Side effects: May cause anxiety
What Lies in the Woods EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:31 am by Cosbones

» The Old Farm
What Lies in the Woods EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm by Cosbones

» Victus Baxter and the Butler
What Lies in the Woods EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm by Cosbones

You are not connected. Please login or register

What Lies in the Woods

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1What Lies in the Woods Empty What Lies in the Woods Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:00 pm

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
Amateur Writer

Spoiler:

“Hello and welcome once again to, National Explorer. I’m your host, Alex Trainer,” Said the somewhat rough looking but still finely dressed man, wearing a simple blue button up shirt and a pair of cargo pants. “Today, we’re coming to you from deep in the South American Rain Forest, trying to find anything that has managed to elude mankind for the last thousand or so decades,” With those words he smiled a little as if saying a funny joke to the audience he was speaking to. “I know some of you might think that that is impossible but you should know that on one expedition into a very similar part of the Rainforest yielded no less than the discovery than a few hundred new species. So, I still have very high expectations for this adventure,” His light blue eyes lit with boyish adventure every time he mentioned ‘adventure’ or ‘discovery’ almost as if this man had never quite grown out of being a small boy pretending to be an explorer in his backyard.

“So far, our general plan is to trek as far inland as we can, following this river to our left here for the majority of the expedition,” He said as he indicated the rolling waters to his side with an open hand, refraining from even pointing a finger at the water. “Somewhere along the line we do however plan to turn away from the river and descend south into the more unexplored region,” Bring his hands together and lacing the fingers, he made what looked like a bowel with his hands. “Now, you might also be wondering why I have yet to mention the use of a boat on this adventure and to which I say ‘good eye’,” A chuckle and the hint of a smile before he continued, “But in order to make less noise and not disturb the environment, so we might get a better chance of glimpsing some new creature, we have decided to move on without a boat of any kind. It might take a little longer but I think it will be well worth the time,” With that the cameras cut off and Alex looked around for a brief moment.

“That was phenomenal, Mister Trainer,” A shorter balding man said with a squeaky voice. Alex simply looked the man over without saying a word, his blue eyes piercing into what felt like the very core of his soul, like a lion sizing up its prey before going in for the kill. “I don’t think we’ve had the pleasure of getting to know one another. My name is Randal, the new producer,” He took his hand away, knowing that it would not be taken in a friendly embrace. Randal felt little beads of sweat roll down his brow and neck; this was not going how he had expected. “Do you have any questions for me regarding if things will change or anything, Mister Trainer?” The little man asked with a voice that sounded more like a dogs broken squeak toy than anything that should have belonged to a man.

Alex stood tall, coming in at well over a head taller than the nervous man before him, and took a step closer, making Randal look up to him, before he said, “You don’t run this show. I do. You can ask anyone around here,” He pointed a finger in a general indication of the few people around them, “I decide where the camera points, I decide what goes into the final cut, I decide what I say, and I am the boss around here. I’ve spent the last fifteen years making this show the most watched environmental and wildlife program in North America, Australia, and most of Europe.” With a finger pointed straight for Randal’s heart he continued his tirade, “So, you can bet your skinny ass that I won’t let some snot nosed kid come on this team and order me around,” raising his hand and curling in his fingers Alex now used his own thumb to point at his own heart, “This is my show and no one will take it away from me.” Turning away from Randal, Alex called out to the rest of the crew, his voice neutral now as if the exchange had never even happened, “Alright everyone, get ready, we’ll be moving on down the river in thirty minutes.”

Randal almost collapsed to the ground from how vigorously his knees wobbled back and forth. He managed to maintain standing in spot, swallowing mouthfuls of air to hold back any unwanted tears that could arise. Laughter, like a bunch of half-witted hyenas, emanated from somewhere behind Randal and he turned to meet it as best he could, “Did you guys know he was going to snap at me like that?”

One of the men stood up and walked over to Randal, his laughter dying down to a chuckle, and said, “Hey man, having the boss man yell at you is almost a rite of passage around here.” He turned to the group of hyenas and threw his arms open, almost as if he was trying to imitate a ring leader from a circus, and said with more dramatic flair then imaginable, “It has been done, my brothers, the newcomer is now officially one of us.” Several other crew members, all of which were packing filming equipment into bags so that they would be able to more easily transport, raised their hands and gave a soft cheer of acceptance before going back to their work. Even Alex, though no one working could see it, gave a brief smirk.

“You mean Mister Trainer does that to everyone?” Randal asked his coworker.

“More or less, we all sort of have our reasons for being out here in the middle of nowhere. Some of us just need the money and some of us are trying to get away from something we did in this life or the last,” His words slowed as he spoke before he shook himself from his brief contemplation, “But you’ll probably hear most of our stories before then end of this trip.” Travis laughed at that for a moment as he lightly rubbed the back of his neck before kneeling down to grab his pack and slinging it over his shoulder. “You might want to see if anyone around the camp needs help,” Travis said as he walked off towards a group still working to get ready for the trip.

2What Lies in the Woods Empty Re: What Lies in the Woods Tue Jul 24, 2012 5:10 pm

unrealistic.entity

unrealistic.entity
Amateur Writer

I have no idea if I was suppose to write a reply here, so I guess I'll do so.

This is AMAZING so far. Very Happy Where's more?! <3

http://loserfacerochelle.deviantart.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum