Terrible Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for independent writers of horror, scifi, and the strange.

Latest topics
» Code for Campaign
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:27 am by Bayushi Dave

» Down on the west coast
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:15 am by forcie

» Console Wars
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am by unrealistic.entity

» Drowned Merchant's Crossing, Play by Post L5R campaign discussion (players desired)
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 am by Number 12

» Letters to Kyo
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:18 pm by Cosbones

» Adventures of Trigger Beake
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:53 pm by Cosbones

» Side effects: May cause anxiety
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:31 am by Cosbones

» The Old Farm
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm by Cosbones

» Victus Baxter and the Butler
Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm by Cosbones

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:07 am

Number 12

Number 12
Amateur Writer

So Chelle and I are working on building a minecraft replica of plumtree village and castle. It's not going to be specially accurate, but so far it's pretty fun. One thing we're kind of stuck on is what to build and where. So if anyone wants to give suggestions or pull one of these screencaps out in paint and draw lines all over it to tell us where things should go feel free. Anyway here's a photo-tour of what we have so far.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-110
Here's the front of plumtree castle, complete with a plumtree in bloom.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-111
A wider shot that includes the docks and a river-ship built by Chelle.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-112
I added a few more blooming plumtrees to the entryway and flattened the land on the left side to start work on other parts of the village. This is where I'm not sure what to put where so let us know if you have ideas.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-113
This is an arial view of the castle and it's backyard area. I've threatened to make the castle even more grandiose. The ideas I've had involve buiding an identical outcropping to the one you see on the left to give the front more symmetry (that would involve bridging the creekbed there though) and also flattening the entire area behind what I've built and turning it into a large castle compound possibly building a huge, even more official plumtree castle in the middle of said compound.

http://caseycaseycaseycasey.tumblr.com

2Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:02 am

unrealistic.entity

unrealistic.entity
Amateur Writer

Here's some cool stuff.

Inside of the Tea House:

Dai's Boat (PROTOTYPE FO SHO):

http://loserfacerochelle.deviantart.com

3Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Wed Oct 24, 2012 12:26 am

Number 12

Number 12
Amateur Writer

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-114
So instead of laying down some templates like I said I might do, Chelle and I just dove in a while ago and built the beginnings of the village-center. In this shot, you can see Chelle's masterful rendition of a teahouse in front, behind that lies the open-air market and the pawn shop clearly viewable to the left of the frame.

The pawn shop is owned by none other then the dastardly Jintao, a thinly man with a crooked nose who's said to have sold his old granny to a kami for his good fortune. He also commissioned the building of the market, and takes 15% off the top of every koku earned there by the peasants who use the stalls.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-115
This is the front of the teahouse, built by Chelle. It's the only building that's furnished so far. She worked quite hard on it. (sorry about the HUD still being on screen in this shot)

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-116
This is the view from the roof of the teahouse looking across the cobbled path to the small shrine. One of the first things built by the carpenters who worked on Plumtree Castle, so they could prey to the earth kami to help them build a strong structure that would stand through the ages. Standing to the side is one of the villages wells.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-117
This is a (kind of terrible) shot of the other side of the street. The open-air market is in front, with the teahouse cresting over it's roof to the left. I've decided that the building that I took this shot in front of (the oblong one that's attached to the castle) is Plumtree Clan's armory and barracks.

4Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:43 am

Long Dong Silver

Long Dong Silver
Amateur Writer

I happen to know Jintao personally.
He is an honest man doing this village a service!
How dare you spread such vile rumors about a man of his upbringing?

Mad Mad Mad

5Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:04 pm

unrealistic.entity

unrealistic.entity
Amateur Writer

Tiberius wrote:I happen to know Jintao personally.
He is an honest man doing this village a service!
How dare you spread such vile rumors about a man of his upbringing?

Mad Mad Mad

>_> Loool.

http://loserfacerochelle.deviantart.com

6Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Wed Oct 24, 2012 7:19 pm

Bayushi Dave

Bayushi Dave
Amateur Writer

Where are the tigers?

https://terribleplanet.rpg-board.net

7Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:43 am

Number 12

Number 12
Amateur Writer

Chelle and I had another short bout of building on to the village and I snapped a couple screens before logging out.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-118
Across the creek that runs past the village is the sawmill. The lumberjacks who work here built the mill over a large crevasse which plunges down into the rock. Instead of building their waterwheel on the creek itself, they diverted the creek water to empty into the crevasse in which they've built a waterwheel to turn their saws.

In the early months of the village, a child was playing near the mill and disappeared. It was said that the spirits of the land took him because the millers were dumping their waste into the deep hole.

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2012-119
Here's an aerial shot of the village as it currently stands. At the far left we have the castle, extending down from that is it's complex which ends at the bottom of the frame in the barracks/armory. In front of that lies the footpath through the village center, with the well and small temple on one side, and the teahouse and open-market across from it.

The road now extends up the hill, past Jintao's pawn shop (under the cursor) and around a corner where I've built a new estate. This belongs to Juro Tomoe, a young woman who hails from the Islands of Silk and Spice. She has arrived to extend the arms of her father's business, which deals mainly in trade, but she manages a contingent of carpenters and masons and finds her fingers buried in the planning and construction of most of the non-essential buildings within and around Plumtree Village. As the two richest common folk in Plumtree, she and Jintao are constantly butting heads.

To the upper left of the frame (below the jungle) you can see the creek docks, and the lumber yard. On the far right, are some experimental farms built by Chelle.

8Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:35 am

Number 12

Number 12
Amateur Writer

so after a long ass hiatus, i decided to go back to this old project! my goal with this session of building was not to make something unique, but instead of fill in the empty space with general living space, let me show off here...

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2013-010
this is just an overview to show everything i managed to do, chelle resolved to build a better ship, so i wiped the old one, and shorted the docks so they weren't crowding the water as much, i also capped up the completely out of place lava pit that used to be right next to that pond in the south there

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2013-011
all in all, i added sixteen houses, each are varied by material and size; some of them look kinda lame, but they're not supposed to be the crowning jewel of this build; they're supposed to be small, cramped, and numerous; the people who dwell in these houses are fishermen, lumberworkers, or perhaps a few of them even work as servants to the retainers in Plumtree Castle

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2013-012
a ways through the build, i had the idea to have the main road climb a staircase here along the ridge, but instead i made a climbing tunnel and thought it would be cool to cover the entrance with a tori gate; the tunnel will empty into more housing, or perhaps some small businesses

wait... there's some kind of cavern under the walkway there...

the staircase back here leads to a secret entrance in one of the peasant houses... and off to the left...

there's a false wall that leads into a cave?

Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition 2013-013
and the cave leads into some kind of smuggler's workshop...

these guys must mean business... s:

9Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Empty Re: Plumtree Village Minecraft Edition Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:35 pm

Number 12

Number 12
Amateur Writer

pulled myself away from making animals be cross to work a little more on plumtree, three more buildings to show off, lemmie know if you guys have any critique

here's an overview so you can see where the new buildings are placed, to the left of the frame is the brewery, to the center are the stables and yard, and to the right is the inn

first the brewery, which is not named after Kitsune Shuzo; Shuzo means "sake brewing" and thus the emblem of Yoichi and Daikichi's business is a "Sake Brewing Fox Spirit"

inside the huge vats of sake sit up on stone cookstands, and bottled right in house

the livery stables are set up here, and actually oddly enough when i logged in to make this building, minecraft made me add the horse update, so i added some horses, but... as i was building the brewery, they all drowned themselves... so yeah, there aren't any in the frame

and here's an outside shot of the inn, i won't do an inside shot since it's not particularly interesting or pretty in there, but i like the way i designed the outside; i wanted to add huge vents for the breeze to pull through, since the colonies are so hot all year round and this circular pattern was the result, it shows on both sides, and spans all three floors; the bottom floor is the reception hall, where i'm going to install a kitchen, the second has a number of rather cramped rooms, and one very large and luxurious one, and the top floor in the steepled roof there is a large area where people can pay a handful of zenni to set up a hammock

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum