Terrible Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A site for independent writers of horror, scifi, and the strange.

Latest topics
» Code for Campaign
Current Terrible Books EmptyTue Jun 24, 2014 12:27 am by Bayushi Dave

» Down on the west coast
Current Terrible Books EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 1:15 am by forcie

» Console Wars
Current Terrible Books EmptyThu Jun 19, 2014 12:41 am by unrealistic.entity

» Drowned Merchant's Crossing, Play by Post L5R campaign discussion (players desired)
Current Terrible Books EmptyThu Apr 10, 2014 5:48 am by Number 12

» Letters to Kyo
Current Terrible Books EmptyFri Jan 10, 2014 2:18 pm by Cosbones

» Adventures of Trigger Beake
Current Terrible Books EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 2:53 pm by Cosbones

» Side effects: May cause anxiety
Current Terrible Books EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 7:31 am by Cosbones

» The Old Farm
Current Terrible Books EmptyWed Aug 21, 2013 7:50 pm by Cosbones

» Victus Baxter and the Butler
Current Terrible Books EmptySat Jul 06, 2013 12:51 pm by Cosbones

You are not connected. Please login or register

Current Terrible Books

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Current Terrible Books Empty Current Terrible Books Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:50 pm

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
Amateur Writer

What book, or books, are you reading right now? What do you think about it? Would you recommend it to anyone else?

Uncharted: The Fourth Labyrinth
Current Terrible Books The_Fourth_Labyrinth

If you're a fan of the Uncharted series then you should enjoy it for the most part. It's a decent read, if not fairly slow, and it gives a much deeper look into Drake's mind set. You do get a good sense of what might be going through his mind in the games and that he really isn't as nice as you, and I, might have taken him for. If you play the games then I recommend it but if you don't then you probably shouldn't.

2Current Terrible Books Empty Re: Current Terrible Books Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:02 am

Long Dong Silver

Long Dong Silver
Amateur Writer

Current Terrible Books Ss010

This series is all quick, fun, pulp.

Worth checking out if you're taking a plane or like to have something to read on the bus.

3Current Terrible Books Empty Re: Current Terrible Books Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:22 am

TheAmazingAce

TheAmazingAce
Amateur Writer

Current Terrible Books Eng_1
I'm just rereading the series, as it is a good series and i never really understood them.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FezGamers

4Current Terrible Books Empty Re: Current Terrible Books Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:18 am

Doc

Doc
Great Writer

Current Terrible Books Dresde10

Great book series, I recommend it to anyone that likes fantasy, magic, or smartass heroes. The books can be quite lengthy, but they keep me reading through the entire book really getting too bored. Full of fantasy, humor and suspense, with a long plot that thickens with each book.

5Current Terrible Books Empty Re: Current Terrible Books Thu Jul 05, 2012 10:30 am

Cosbones

Cosbones
Amateur Writer

Current Terrible Books 2161_jpg_280x450_q85

A collection of columns written about English TV in the early 2000s. The book is very sarcastic about EVERYTHING there is to be sarcastic about in television and often has really hilarious metaphors and roll on jokes. Charlie Brooker's anger at human beings as a whole has made me laugh out loud more then anything else I've ever seen, I suppose.

A short excerpt;

Spoiler:

6Current Terrible Books Empty Re: Current Terrible Books Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:42 pm

The Cowboy

The Cowboy
Amateur Writer

Current Terrible Books 513R1yN+P7L

I haven't gotten very far into the book myself but so far it's been a pretty good book. It's by Chris Hardwick, a regular on Attack of the Show and a decent comedian. He makes a point to say that he is not a life coach early on and that he's just a guy that did some stuff that just happened to help him turn his life around. He relies on humor quite often and that can be a good and bad thing but overall it does give me the feeling that I can do something more then my current situation, which has to be a good sign.

As of right now, I'd recommend it to anyone that might be going through a rut or two in their life, such as yours truly, and is ready to do something about it. I honestly don't know if Hardwick actually wrote this himself or had someone write it and put his name on it, if the latter is the case then he got someone pretty good to write for him. I like it so far and you might as well.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum